Our bodies are a collection of light, water, earth, and breath. As spiritual beings our senses are sensitive to the world around us and come across energetic vampires, evil spirits, and negative energy. Below you will find accessible ways to bring more protection into your life.
Crystals For The Home
- Selenite: wards of darkness with its lunar light with angelic connection
- Clear Quartz: takes negative energy and recycles it into something positive, amplifying the protection process
- Citrine: with solar light its purifies the bodies energy and sheds light onto any shadows that are not welcomed
- Amethyst: this stone is perfect for protection in dreams and also to ward off spells and negative energy. Place by your bed to welcome peaceful sleep
Crystals For The Body
- Black Tourmaline: deep clean the energy field, balances out the negative and positive energies
- Smokey Quartz: like a shadow it cloaks the body with a smokey shield
- Tigers Eye: offers courage and strength to your energetic field
- Garnet: deep fire energy, clearing away what no longer serves
Herbs & Spices
Symbols of Protection
note: (print images, decor, art, and/or jewelry) wear on yourself or place around home (windows + doors)
- Seven Pointed Star: the foundation of magic, faerie protection
- Triple Goddess: guidance from the maiden, mother, crone
- Hamsa: ward off the evil eye
- Eye of Horus: ancient protection
- Triquetra (Triple Celtic Knot): known as the divine shield
- Pentagram: elemental protection
Psychic Protection Tea
- 1 tsp Jasmine (psychic protection)
- 1 tsp Spearmint (dream protection, clearing)
- ½ tsp Licorice Root (protection)
- ½ tsp Lemon Grass (remove obstacles, ward of negativity)
Drink this before bed for lucid dreams and to ward off unwelcome energies. This tea allows you to get rid of past energies that no longer assist you.
note: walk around your home with a singing bowl or bell, creating a vibration to break up all stagnate and heavy energy. Burn palo santo or sage and once done open the windows to let fresh air in and the negativity out.
“For no spirit, good or bad, can enter or stay my home without my permission,
may their asking be only kind. I bring light to the shadows and fill my home with love, positivity, and gratitude. For my home is protected by the divine.”
Some very good information from herbal academy!!
It’s bug season! We put together this helpful chart with the many effective plant oils categorized by the particular bug they repel. This is not a complete list of ALL EO oils – feel free to weigh in with your fave EOs in the comments! A word of caution when using essential oils: they should always be used with a carrier product because of their volatility. Carrier products are other oils such as extra virgin olive oil, sunflower oil, apricot kernel oil, unscented lotions, etc. Some EOs should not be applied to children or to pregnant women so, as always, please do additional research. We also recommend seeking out brands who use sustainable harvesting practices. @MountainRoseHerbs has a good selection of essential oils, which we recommend! .
Here’s a simple recipe from the blog for crafting a bug repellent: .
SIMPLE SPRITZER REPELLENT
Combine the following in a 2-ounce bottle:
4 tablespoons of distilled water
2 teaspoons of vodka
5-6 drops of your favorite EO or combination or try the Thieves combination of sage, rosemary, thyme, lavender, and mint.
Shake well before each use.
Spritz this on your clothes and hair. Not for use on skin. .
#bugrepellent #naturalbugspray #thieves #sage #rosemary #thyme #lavender #mint #essentialoils #aromatherapy #eos #mountainroseherbs #myherbalstudies #herbalacademy #herbalist #herbalism #materiamedica #botanicals #plantmedicine #herblove #herbalmedicine #artofslowliving #motherearth #naturesmedicine #loveyourweeds #backtoourroots #herbalists #plantlove #herbarium
Garden Sage – Medicinal Uses
Traditionally, the leaves have been made into a poultice and used externally to treat sprains, swelling, ulcers, and bleeding.
It was also commonly used in tea form to treat sore throats and it is also considered one of the good herbs for the coughs.
Sage is considered by many herbalists to be a useful medicinal herb for treating eczema, canker sores, halitosis, gingivitis or bad breath and also to treat dandruff.
For more information on the medicinal properties of this common kitchen herb VISIT: https://www.herbal-supplement-resource.com/sage-salvia-officinalis.html
Into the woods you go. Wild. Free. Enchanted.
This kit comes with these crystals and a palo santo wood for clearing your space, crystals, and body.
Vesuvianite (Idocrase): from Mt. Vesuvius, this crystal embodies ancient wisdom and deep dearth connection. It ignites your intuitive state and brings clarity to dreams. This vibrant stone transforms your spiritual connection, allowing you to access higher realms while still grounding.
Tibetan Quartz: this crystals brings forth enlightenment. a higher vibration and awakening of your spiritual self. Its protective, illuminating, and goddess driven.
Peridot: brings harmony to ones life. It grounds your energy to the natural earth, giving you a sense of comfort and stability. This crystal brings forth spiritual awareness, pulls out energetic blockages while manifesting heart centered peace.
Purchase this Kit: Crystal Herbalism Shop